Monday, March 25, 2013

Literature Analysis #3 (FINAL ONE FOR THE YEAR)

 


                                        Storm Front

                                                                By Jim Butcher

Harry Dresden is an investigator, he works for the police sometimes, and he helps people find things that they have lost such as car keys. Harry Dresden recieved a phone call by a women named Monica Sells who mentions that her husband, Victor Sells, is missing. Later that same day, Dresden recieves another call from Karrin Murphy who works for the Police and is a friend of Dresden's. Once on the crime scene, Dresden examines the bodies of a male and female who have both died due to their heart exploding. In this novel, magic is the only explanation for their deaths. While working on the call from Monica Sells, and the police investigation, Dresden concludes that the two cases are connected. Victor Sells used to be good, until he started creating a homemade drug called Third Eye which allows humans to see beyond the physical world, but it makes them go insane while doing so. Throughout the book, Harry meets a lot of new people, who he ends up dating, and a whole new world of Fantasy has been revealed. I thought this was a fun book to read and I'm glad to have read it.

I also loved Jim Butcher's style of writing in this book. I really liked that it was written in first person and it made me feel like I was actually in this book. The Author gave a lot of sarcasm and humor to the main character, Dresden, which I adored. Most books I have read aren't this funny. The character is also random and kind of reminds me of me in a way... The Imagery this book had, really made me enjoy it and I can't wait to read book two of this series later!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment